Release 0.2 – Final Submission

During this month I learned a lot about open source and how to fix and deal with issues. I learned how to fix issues on GitHub through forking and doing a pull request. I also feel I can better approximate the time and difficulty of an issue fix based on experience setting up project tests and updating documentation. Being apart of Opensource is also much easier then I expected especially with how much communication can take place between me and the lead programmers. I also learned why setting up the upstream is important as it helped me several times making sure I’m updated with the project. I also learned about deprecated variable and the incompatibility with strict mode. Also, I learned about markdown used for README.mf files for GitHub. This experience also helped me feel less overwhelmed when looking at large code and conversing with professionals or at least more experienced programmers in the industry. Also, the UpForGrabs site was the best for finding issues for me to solve and look through.

Zen Audio Player

This pull request took less than an hour most of the time was trying to fix an issue the I found while trying to fix a different issue. Looking back I should have just submitted the pull request fixing the issue I planned on then addressing the issue I found in the description of the pull request. I could’ve even opened an issue on GitHub about the new bug I found. There were at least good discussions I had with the lead programmer for this pull request.

Emscripten

This has taken a couple hours mostly learning how to launch the project and troubleshoot test cases. Looking back I should have just gone straight to the project documentation instead of Google whenever I encountered problems. All in all, this was the best pull request in terms of the level of discussion I had with people and how much coding was needed to fix the issue.

AutoRythm

This pull request was less than 30 minutes it was an easy fix. Had I had more time to discuss I would have waited and asked if the images should be used for the controls in the description. This was simple and fast so not much to comment.

Prince of Spam

This pull request was less than 30 minutes it was an easy fix. Not much I would change here I think the issue was very simple and the fix was not difficult or take any time.

Zen Audio Player

Emscripten

AutoRythm

Prince of Spam

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s